OUTSIDE SERVICES ATTENDANT
As the first impression most guests have of the Monroe County golf operation, the Golf Services Attendant serves the critical role of welcoming guests to the golf course, assisting them with their golf equipment upon arrival and departure, and providing assistance whenever and wherever needed. The Outside Services Attendants also serve as starters and rangers, monitoring play on the course, ensuring an appropriate pace-of-play and observing visitors care and behavior on the course.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes guests as they arrive at the course and provides excellent guest service.
- Assists guests in removing golf bags from their vehicles and loads them on to the golf carts.
- Ensures players’ golf clubs are clean and readily available when required.
- Maintains the golf cart fleet ensuring that all carts are clean, washed, fueled and in good working order.
- Ensures that golf carts are equipped with scorecard and pencil.
- Ensures that the cart storage area is well-maintained, organized and follows all safety procedures.
- Greets guests as they complete their rounds, cleans their golf clubs and removes bags from carts.
- Assists with practice facility setup as required.
- Greets guests as they arrive at the first tee/starter booth, reviews receipts to ensure that guests have registered at the clubhouse and obtains signed liability forms.
- Advises guests of course conditions and pin locations.
- Informs guests of course etiquette rules such as repairing divots, raking sand traps, repairing ball marks and the proper operation of golf carts.
- Records start times and monitors play on the course to ensure that guests are playing at an acceptable pace.
- Politely and tactfully asks guests to speed up play if they are behind an acceptable pace.
- Ensures that practice areas and the driving ranges are well-organized and that range balls are retrieved washed and stocked in the ball machines at all times.
- Completes a course closing checklist at night ensuring that carts are accounted for and prepped for the next day, the range is cleaned and stocked, rental agreements are filed, etc.
- Informs the Golf Professionals of any matters that need immediate attention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Some knowledge of golf is preferred.
- Ability to work well, and communicate effectively, within a team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and a variety of shifts.